Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Could a nail fungus be the reason is my toenail plate not sticking to my toenail bed?

I just noticed that on one of my big toes it looked lighter on the edge. When I investigated it further I saw I was able to pull the nail plate away from the nail bed rather easily, without pain. This has never happened before. Could it be a nail fungus starting? My husband has had a nail fungus for years. Can I get it from him? Could a nail fungus be the reason is my toenail plate not sticking to my toenail bed?
It sure can be fungus and, yes, it's contagious!





Try this:





Get a bottle of iodine and a plastic drinking straw.





Cut the end of the straw so it's like a little spoon.





Pour a tiny amount of iodine on the straw.





Gently lift your loose nail, and insert the straw-spoon as far as you comfortably can, then pour in the iodine.





Let it sit until it dries, then bandage it with gauze - no tight, waterproof bandaging.





Change twice a day. Do this a few days, maybe a week, and see if it's getting better.





It will kill that ol' fungus when nothing else will!





Good luck, kiddo!





.



No comments:

Post a Comment