Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Is there any way to make the nail bed/plate longer?

I don't bite my nails, but the pink part of my nail keeps receding. It's mainly a problem on my middle fingers. So I let the things grow out until I can't stand how long they are, and I finally cut them and... they seem to have gotten even shorter. Any advice as to what I should do? It's really frustrating!Is there any way to make the nail bed/plate longer?
It sounds as if your cuticles may be the problem. The area at the base of the nail where it grows out from the finger. Soak your hands in warm soapy water to soften the skin and gently push it back using a thin towel or washcloth. Apply a good hand cream to keep the cuticles softened. Get in the habit of gently pushing back the cuticle each time you wash and dry your hands. You can buy cuticle remover in the nail polish/manicure are of the ladies cosmetic section of most stores. Apply according to directions and gently scrub with a soft brush, then push back with the towel as you dry. Apply warm olive oil or something similar at night to soften the cuticle area. Avoid cutting or trimming the cuticle as this can cause damage and infections if not done properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment