Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Have splinter under finger nail plate, HELP!!?

I jammed my finger into my bedroom door frame, by accident, a few days ago when i was angry about something stupid/





Subsequently, the cuticle under my nail ripped off and i can now see under my fingernail plate.





BUT, a BIG splinter from the door is now lodged underneath my fingernail plate.





I can't get it out %26amp; it HURTS!!





I tried using a set of small tweezers to extract it but I keep grabbing white stuff, which i hope isn't pus.





What's under one's fingernail plate that could be white? Never touched pure white skin? Any ideas??





All I know is that everytime I use the tweezers under the nail plate and it touches the skin, i get a tingly feeling under my nail plate.





Is that because the nerve endings there aren't used to being touched??





Anyway, any ideas on how to get this d**n splinter out?!?!





I don't want it to stay in %26amp; get an infection %26amp; I REALLY don't want to go the my doctor.





Thanks to anyone who replies.Have splinter under finger nail plate, HELP!!?
I'm an EMT at an amusement park, and I frequently see splinters beneath the fingernail. You probably are not going to be able to get them out on your own. Enlist the help of someone you trust or a medical professional. Usually, splinters beneath the fingernail can be extracted using tweezers (after clipping your nail as low as you possibly can and placing plastic or a glove around your finger and submerging it in ice cold water to numb it up a bit. Be careful not to get the finger wet, though, or the wood will break up into many tine pieces). If it is too far below the free edge of the nail for this, you have no choice but to see a doctor and have the top part of your nail removed along with the splinter. It is possible for you to keep the splinter where it is, the pain will stop, and the splinter will come out as the nail grows. However, you run a high risk of infection going this route, and it's not advisable.





Hope this helps!Have splinter under finger nail plate, HELP!!?
Have somebody else pull the splinter out because if they pull it out they can't feel pain and it'll be easier for them to pull it out
  • thin hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment