Friday, February 5, 2010

Why do certain sounds make us cringe? (i.e. Nails on chalkboard, fork scratching on plate)?

Is it the certain frequency of the sound that makes our ears go crazy?





For me, I can't stand when cardboard rubs against something. It just makes me wince and the hairs on the back of my arms stand up.





What's the scientific reason for this? Has it even been researched?Why do certain sounds make us cringe? (i.e. Nails on chalkboard, fork scratching on plate)?
I guess it is the frequency. The high frequency in our ear's say NO WAY and that's what make's us wince. Our eardrum can only take but too much noise, and the high frequency in those thing's irratate it to make our eardrums and brain go psycho!Why do certain sounds make us cringe? (i.e. Nails on chalkboard, fork scratching on plate)?
some people just don't like the sound


RATE ME BEST ANSA
the sound/feel of popcorn squaking against my teeth. oh my gosh, i just cannot function!





i'm not sure what the reaosn for this is. i'm not sure its a frequency, maybe not


there was a boy in my class once who couldn't stand the sound of people eating carrots, he had to leave the room. haha. interested question. starred! ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment