Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Problems finding nail plates.?

What am I looking for (gang nails, nail plates). I've searched everywhere on line (lowes, home depot, ace hardware etc for the nail plates used to make trusses. No matter what term I use, there isnt anything listed in their search engines. I get everything but what I'm looking for. What the flyin H do they call these things and where do I buy them? I type in gang nails and I get gang boxes. I type in plate nails and I get an image of a piece of steel with holes in it.Problems finding nail plates.?
My buddy who made '; The BEST D$%^NG trusses in the world!'; calls them 'truss plates'.





Did you try Wikipedia? I did :D


';Truss connector plates';, ';metal connector plates'; or ';nail plates';.





IMHO (custom cabinets, not trusses), I'd call them joiner plates, but what do I know? LOL





Good luck!Problems finding nail plates.?
I have used gang nails before and they look like a piece of steel with holes in it. If they showed the other side, you would see that the holes one side actually become the nails (joining metal spikes) on the other side, so your probably on the right track.





You may also like to look up timber Yards who (In New Zealand where I am) stock all those joining bits and building supplies.





Hope this helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment