Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Lengthen nail plate?

I used to be a nail biter as a child (I know...disgusting, isn't it?) and my nail plate--the pink part of the nail--is pretty short. I hate having it that short though I haven't bitten them for years and despite what my friends say, the nail plate hasn't grown a bit. Help?Lengthen nail plate?
Well the pink part of the nail is the nail bed, this is what the nail plate grows onto. It is very easy for the nail to get damaged when being biten, and this may have caused the problem that has caused it not grow back. The matrix part of the nail helps it grow, maybe this has been damaged. It is situated near the cuticle, massage it and see if that works. I used to be a nail bitter and bit my whole nail off once, but luckily it grew back stronger. However, because I was a nail biter all my nails are so weak and constantly break. I've been advised a nail strengthner, nail buffer, a herbal nail supplement and strangely to eat jelly raw. I do the buffing and strengthener and they are gradually working although it's taken years. Massaging the bottom of the nail near the cuticle may help. However, if it is the nail bed then I would go to see a doctor and see what they suggest. Hope I've helped a bit. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment